Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cool & Sweet Wednesday



Growing up, my mom always bought bananas in bunches. There were a lot of us that eat them with no problem, I don't recall any struggle finishing off or having to throw away the rotten uneaten ones. In my household these days when we buy bananas, we only get two or three of them only and still have difficulties in clearing them up. I had two or three that I stored in the freezer for future smoothies should that be in demand. Sometimes I could not help but tossing them to the bin. Occasionally, I bake some banana cakes or muffins.



Yesterday, with one banana left and the designated banana eater left the country for a few days, I decided to make fruit crisp. I had two pears in the fridge that I cut into wedges and cooked them on a skillet with sugar and lime juice. One large banana was sliced and the pieces were arranged on the ramekins with the cooked pears. To finish it, I sprinkled the crisp made from oatmeal, flower, cinnamon, butter and sugar. Continued with baking them until tops turn brown for about 20 minutes. Scooped out and served with vanilla ice cream.... Just the best for a hot afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment