Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Quick Fish Soup



I took me a very long time to start liking some of the local foods here. Back circa 1990, when we lived here for a short couple of years, I could not really fancy most of them., I am not sure why. This time around , I am able to like some better, not all. Out of so many, I only fell in sort of love, with a few dishes.

I did not grow up eating fish soup, the idea of having fish in the soup sounded so - eeekkk - fishy! I saw DH being fond of the dish and so is my vegetarian sister. I can't remember when I had it for the first time, but I thought it was not too bad. From time to time, especially on my meatless Fridays, I have some too. Once in a while I make them a home too, but the kids, being super psychics as they are, are not willing to try before even giving them a chance.



I had some vegetable stocks in the freezer that I could use, I went for groceries and got some fish fillet, silken tofu, a pack of leafy vegetables and I had some tomatoes in the fridge. That's pretty much it. Cook them together and I had a quick healthy lunch.



My favorite is though, to add dried seaweed and sliced red chili to the soup .... Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment