Friday, March 20, 2009

If A Clothes Stand Could Cry....



When I found this clothes stand in on of the shops here, I was really excited. It was exactly something that I had been looking for a long time. I paid for it in a heartbeat and had it by the main door for while until I saw someone else's need for it. It was meant only for a week or two, maybe a month or so. Temporary, that's the word for it.

Years have gone by since and sadly, it has not been used the way it was intended to be used. In fact, I feel sad when I look at it being loaded with too many things. It's kind of abusive. It lost its beauty.

And if you think that I have not told this person to treat my clothes stand better, you are so completely wrong. I have communicated it too many times that I probably could age so much faster than any normal human beings if I keep on doing it. I am ignored, cause she is neither deaf nor blind. She listens and looks selectively. I am just like a piece of paper that falls on the floor and some tissue papers that are crumpled and tossed to the corner of the room and some dirty clothes that miss the big laundry basket there.

My OB/Gyn told me not too long ago that teenagers' brain are confused, like my confused brain that mess up my hormones when I am under a lot of stress. The literature that I read indicated that the developmental pieces of a teenager aren’t necessarily in sync. There are physical development, the cognitive development and the social development to consider that vary in ages within one teenager. This does not make me necessarily more understanding of the situation. It drives me nutzzz...... In a fancy language, let me say that in teens the prefrontal cortex is still developing and making connections to other parts of the brain. The prefrontal cortex is the part of the brain that is responsible to make judgment. There you go, you have just learn why teenagers are confusing.

Let this be the case, in two years and 4 days she'll be 20 years old and the brain should be, hopefully, confused no more. Pray for me, please !

2 comments:

  1. Aw, poor coat rack. Maybe a series of hooks on the wall would take care of the scatterbrained teen's accessories, and you could have the coat rack back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room actually has got those too, they are fully utilized as well....

    ReplyDelete