Monday, March 23, 2009

To The Grandma's ....



Sunday morning and heavy rain. It's a perfect combination to stay in bed til late. Too bad that was not the case for me this time, as we were to take a road trip. To the grandma's house we go, to the grandpa's grave we visit!



I like to be organized and prepared, I am also very disciplined, in some certain areas. Like when my alarm went off at 5:05, I woke up immediately. I understand the danger of attempting to buy more sleeping time. It's a no-no-no for me. I got up and started my day on the dot. I baked some bread for breakfast and for the trip for myself, because I could not make myself eat so early, but I still needed to fill my stomach up anyway. I cleared up the kitchen for the two bigger kids that were not joining us. I packed some drinks and snacks, the camera, my pashmina and coat and some reading materials. IPod and mobile phone too, all set. That was just for a day trip. Blushing 6


The road was quiet, we were one of the few insane people that were out in the rain on Sunday morning, there was barely no-one at both immigration check-points. All processes were done quite fast and efficient. We continued our trip well and the little sleeping beauty was fast asleep and listening to her iPod at the same time. I, to this day, never understand the point of listening to the songs while sleeping. Do explain, I am all ears!



It was great to see my super healthy 82-year mother in law that was visibly delighted to us and I could see a little surprise on her face and appreciation, which I totally did not deserve, that I came all the way to visit her husband's grave. The thanking me for coming was spoken in Hokkian and I am so proud to have understood that bit.....Giggle 3 [a pat on my back]...... We are ashamed that this is our first time around for the Qing Ming Festival, including for DH. DH always had something-something and I am a pure taggingalong-person. But we made it this time, it's what mattered.



Pictures of grave are rather depressing. The pictures of flowers that I put in this post here were taken around in her house, they should be more uplifting. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment