Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back To Math Rambling

No, the pots and the pans in the kitchen have not started calling me, yet, but the two thick folders namely American Express and Credit Suisse are crying for my attention. I am guilty of neglecting them for a bit too long. Still, here I am, getting distracted again. Just another excuse!

I thought of the wonderfulness of my life with the kids going back to school. It is definitely nice to see things around the living room stayed in the same place for many hours, until at least one of them comes back, but there still tons of challenges too. Last night, I was reminded that I had to get back to my high school math again, solving a couple of high school math problems that my rusty brain has begun to forget. I warmed my brain cells up earlier with an easier 7th Grade Math problem, which I passed with flying colors.

I was reminded of my duty as some sort of time manager as well. My youngest artist is taking guitar lesson for the first time this year and the instructor called up and offered one time slot for her in which, 1) she has her swimming practice, 2) it is on the day she has her violin lesson. My attempt to get a different time slot was replied with: 1) all other time slots have been taken, 2) there's a waiting list of more than 30 kids for almost every guitar instructor at school.

Super!! I was crushed. Almost. That just ruined my evening! Having said that, I feel, at times, that it's so crazy to live in this place at this time.Every place seems to have waiting list. Long one! The school that my three big spenders are attending has a 6-year waiting list. It's an international school. No kidding. I even read last week that the popular local kindergartens here also have long waiting lists, some even have newborn babies in there. What would be next, I wonder? That is a complete eeeekkk! I can't possibly imagine how competitive life would be in the future.

Making appointment with the dentist is another struggle too, good time slots, i.e. Saturdays and after school on weekdays, seem to be taken at least a month ahead. Similar case with going to the spa for facial treatment. People here do make appointment ahead of time.

Talking about a very well planned life, I'd better do the same! Off to take care of the files! And thinking of a birthday present for this weekend, what's for dinner, do the laundry, contact the lawyer. And the files. The files.

No comments:

Post a Comment