Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Smile

Yesterday, the day started with a dark cloud and right before we left for the bus stop, we had a downpour. Absolutely, it was not a very good thing to start the day, but it something that no one could control. So when it got brighter towards the afternoon, I started to think that this sort of thing was such a reflection of things in life. Things could start poorly but when you hang in there, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. I thought, it's something to remember in case I have some bad days.

Well, it's Friday today, it's ending the second week of school and I totally get this: everybody is exhausted, every single one of us here that are affected by this school business. We have been waking up early and going to bed late and we have been working hard in between So when everyone is tired, everyone starts to get cranky and finds many things to resort our frustration and exhaustion to. We just need one small person to start a little fire and before you know it, the whole house will be on fire. Well, our case is not to this extend, but I have seen how one or two fell into such attempt, unintentionally of course, that could start a riot here. But they are gone, at least for the time being, to school. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that when they come back, they will be much happier human beings compared to when they left this morning.

What I learned from yesterday about the light at the end of the tunnel is pretty much in my head and I am so aware of it. The execution part of it, i.e. hanging in there, is the hardest bit. I hope I have had accumulated enough patience to deal with what will come in front of me in the next few days without school. We'll see. Meanwhile here's a little smile, sort of shy smile from South Africa to brighten our day. Good pic, thanks P!

No comments:

Post a Comment