Sunday, August 31, 2008

See You In September

21 years ago, I was a graduate student in Michigan, working part time at the University. I remember one lady who kept on singing the song " See You In September" while working and throwing jokes around. It's funny how I could remember some bits and pieces of what happened those days but completely had a hard time remembering the building where I used to work and other places around there.

When we were there last June, DH handily drove around and showed me the exact building and the apartment where I stayed while studying there. I could use a lame excuse that I only lived in Michigan for around 15 months while he lived up there for more than four years, but it's still a bit unacceptable. (Oops... it's sounds bad that after knowing him for more than 20 years I have no idea this part of his life.)

While this old song is about "seeing you in September" after summer vacation, I was simply just reminded that tomorrow will be September. How sudden eight months have gone by, how many things have changed since the beginning of the year. I couldn't help sighing..... Sometimes I feel I am not able to keep up with the time, but life goes us and we just go on living every moment of it.

Here's the link to the song. See you all in September! Just a day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment