Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still Growing

Three and a half months after I planted the chili seeds in May, I am in awe that I manage to keep them alive. I, the well-known plant killer, am able to grow chili and soon will harvest them! I have to give partial credit to the person that watered my plants during my one-month trip, whoever that was, because to this date, I never find out for sure. I thought it was my sister in law, but apparently she left the country after being in charge for a few days. Then, a rumor said it was her daughter, i.e. DH's niece, which turned out to be false too. She insisted on sending the plants over but to my shock, she brought the wrong pot and of course the wrong plant. Smaller pot and skinny small plants. Some things are better left unspoken...............



The person that watered the plant turned out to be a neighbor, I still do not know which one. I found out too late as a gift has been given to DH's 22-year old niece, thinking that she was "the one". <> DH returned the wrong plants and picked up the correct one. (Smart guy, I'll keep him!)

Some flowers were showing up last week.



This morning, when I looked closely, I spotted more flowers and some chilies as well, they are still green and young, but they are there..... I am a happy girl or a proud momma(?) today!!! I can't wait to see them in red!

1 comment:

  1. How nice of your neighbor! Whichever one it was. It's always such an amazing thing to have a tiny seed turn into something that produces so much.

    ReplyDelete