Wednesday, August 06, 2008

For Love



Under normal circumstances and if I were single, I would never cook something like that - in the picture - Indonesian style Fried Noodles. First of all, I dislike big noodles, I don't take spaghetti or any big size noodles especially if they are round instead of flat. They kind of remind me of worms (sorry!). Second, I am not into any dark color noodles, widely sold in this island. I was disappointed by them many times before, because I constantly expected such color would represent rich taste and I found them to be bland and rather tasteless.

Just last week, I discovered that my two teenage daughters love this Indonesian style fried noodles. The school canteen, apparently, has been offering this dish. And because I love my family, I cooked this.

Unlike the fried noodles that I stumbled into here by some unfortunate events, Indonesian fried noodles are really rich in taste. Sweet soy sauce and fish sauce contribute to the both sweet and saltiness of the dish. Sauteed crushed garlic, onion, tomatoes and chili prior to mixing the noodles. Eggs, sliced chicken and fish cake as well as chopped green vegetables complete the beautiful taste of this dish. For final touch, some drops of lime juice will even perfect it further.

Es ist köstlich. It is delicious - in German. Random!wink

No comments:

Post a Comment