Friday, February 06, 2009

Plum Galette



I had some plums that I needed to finish up, as typically the case, we don't have enough plum eaters at home here. The plums were not very good to begin with, some were sweet, some were not. Plums are not always available at the market nearby and around here as well, which makes it harder to find better selection.

Attempting to get them eaten, I made a plum gallete, with apple, because I did not have enough plums to work with. They looked great, turned out well. Unfortunately, the filling was a bit too sourish to my liking, it was my fault for putting more lemon juice in there when in fact the plums were actually not sweet and I did not mix enough sugar to sweeten it. It was easily fixed with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream on top..... No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment