Monday, February 23, 2009

Waiting.................



The waiting area was nearly empty, almost everyone was gone, but we still had to wait.

The past weekend was so much about sick kids. On Saturday, we easily spent two hours on waiting for our name to be called. Our appointment was at 9:30 but the doctor was nowhere to be seen at nearly 10. Upon asking, I found out that the doctor was performing an surgery. Was it a planned surgery? Yes, it was. So then, why was I given an appointment time at 9:30? At around 10, His Highness arrived and went in a flow of many patients ahead of us. A nurse assisting the doctor asked whether we wanted to have my daughter's glasses and eyes checked on different floor. I said, I don't know. You tell me, we had them check a couple of days ago and we were advised to come here. We went several round of these things, the same questions and answers, and I began to feel annoyed. I had this suspicion that this is a pay service that may or may not be needed, but if it is done it will save our time. In the end, the nurse left ..... with no conclusion of what to do next except, waiting.....



So we finally saw the doctor, then we were sent up to different floor for different tests, and pointed to another room for tests. We had to wait again and were sent back to the second place and made to wait 30 minutes for another test. Then back down to wait for the doctor, another wait of 45-60 minutes. Results, basically not very conclusive, but there's new prescription for glasses and some weaknesses in the eyes. Next visit was scheduled in three months. By the time we got home, it's past 2PM. Duh... I am just relieved that there is nothing seriously threatening about my daughter's eyes and I can be out of that horrible place.

But seriously, there's something not right about the system in that particular clinic. I have been to other clinics in the building, it's an integrated operation. However, this particular one is disappointing!

Part 2 of sick kids story, it's another one who despite getting regular influenza jab, still falls sick every a few months. I hate to say that it is very likely that she put herself in this situation because she has the habit of transferring the germs in to her mouth herself through her fingers. She coughed and coughed and continued coughing until she fell asleep.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment