Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Been Quiet

It's going to be thanksgiving weekend. Despite the bigness of it in the USA that somewhat got my eldest dorm living daughter carried away and felt the wave of it, it is practically just another weekend in most parts of the rest of the world, including here. We'll eat the same old usual stuff and we are grateful as ever for everything that we have, just like we should, everyday of our life. In the midst of economic crisis, I am thankful that my kids are still able to go to school while my husband is playing golf in China and I am sitting in front of computer, virtually traveling and doing my works.

Kitchen is lonely these days and that's an understatement. So few people here with little appetite and we ate out a lot during the weekend and afterward. One kid left is the one that is not too passionate about food. Bread dough has been made and left untouched in the fridge since, cakes that we have were barely eaten and need to be tossed in no time.

We had a low key birthday two days ago when our second one turned 17. No celebration even a bit. She is a quiet little fellow with tons of knowledge and never really wants a celebration for the birthday that she shares with the famous Miley Cyrus. We will celebrate it this weekend when the other two members of the family return home. She said she enjoys being the only child at home and she'll be busy when the little one returns. I said, what you do to her was just messing her up. She does. She replies, that's the reason I will be busy, because I have to think of what to do to her (to make her mad). Sisters. What can I say more?



Someone gave DH some sunflower seeds about two weeks ago and I only managed to plant them last week. Little that I know, they grew nicely after just a few days. I am looking forward to seeing a healthy plant here. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment