Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Origami



Seven years ago today, I received and early morning text message that one of my sisters has passed away. Devastating.



She stayed with us in this country in our house to get medical treatment for her lymphoma and eventually led to bone marrow transplant. One chemotherapy after another. One hospitalization after another. She was determined to get better.

When she was here, she made some friends from church and from the hospital too. To kill her time and take her mind of her illness, she made origami at home and when she was hospitalized some 10-11 times altogether.



Every time I look at these small origami, I always think of my sister. She made so many of these things and gave plenty of them to us. She's gone too soon. We miss her, especially today. She was a good daughter and a great sister. May God bless her.

No comments:

Post a Comment