Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lunch At Da Paolo Pizza Bar

I had a late lunch on Saturday at Da Paolo Pizza Bar in Holland Village. It had been years since we ate there and I can't really remember whether we had been there or not. To begin with, I have to say that I was there with Miss K and it was very unusual that I picked a Pizza Bar for lunch. We were in the neighborhood and I was so terribly hungry after visiting a store there. It was around 2:30Pm and I only had a small breakfast many hours before that.

 
We agreed on Colazione Americana for starter, it was a salad with romaine lettuce, oven-baked or maybe poached egg , mushroom, shaved parmesan. By the time the salad came, DH came and joined us. The salad was simple with simple dressing that we liked. 


The pizza was called Bosco D'Inverno, it had Mozarella, Mascarpone, Mushrooms and Black Truffle. The pizza has thin crust with  slight char at the edge. We enjoyed the pizza too. Simple and not complicated taste but delicious.


With little space left in my belly, I ordered Valrhona Chocolate Cake (warm) with Vanilla Gelato for dessert. It's yummy too. A place that I could return indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Priscilla12:04 PM

    That cakes look delicious. Also poached egg = yum. Pizza looks good too. Better than Limoncello?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it better, but not for K. You should try.

    ReplyDelete