Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mini Indonesian Layer Cake

These days, I tend to make small quantity of anything. I made 1/4 of the recipe for this one. So sad, considering the same amount of work needed to prepare and to clean up afterwards. I have justifications though. This Indonesian Layer Cake  (Lapis Legit)  is absolutely egg yolk and butter intensive. It's so absolutely high in cholesterol and it is super time consuming in making. Some recipes require 50 egg yolks and 1 pound of butter or so. If you fail, there'll be so much waste! But when you get it right, it is so good! Just eat a bit and that should do!


It happens that there are only the two of us at home, so it is so right to make a little bit of it. I don't mind using 10 egg yolks and I miss good Layer Cake that's not oily or dry as many of them are in the shops here. The last time I made them was when our second daughter was only a few months old. She's 19 years old now. 

The cake turned out well too despite some substitutions of the ingredients, because I did not have any. I am pleased that I only have a small piece of cake, but delicious.


With such little ingredients, the cake had only ten layers. Ten layers are fine as long they are yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment