Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Chilling Out With Mango Ice Cream

And it is now December. Today's weather forecast: Hi: 28C, mostly cloudy. Hot, humid. It's been raining quite a bit here, but it is still punishingly quite hot day and night. I sure do need chilling out, I need to go to the coldest place on earth after discovering that in one of the side table drawers in this house, NO DRUGS, NO CIGARETTES, NO LIQUOR, but a bunch of chocolate wrappers, dirty food wrapper, plastic bag with smoked ham label on it, Hershey's wrapper and a few others. Also, a couple of dirty plates, a few dirty cups and a spoon. This is not the first time, not second, third, fourth or fifth. Not sixth either. I has happened too many times. Yes, it is 30C inside the house but I feel 100C inside my body. I really wonder what's in the mind of a teenager??????????????????? fikir fikirfikirfikir fikir fikir



Years ago, I was so happy when she was born, I was so excited seeing her taking her first steps when she was only 11 months and started uttering a few words a few months later. She was an absolute joy when she went to school for the first time, playing piano. She could run really fast, beating all the boys and girls in her grade. She could swim really fast too, beating many older competitors. She made me beaming with pride.

Now? Let me see....... takbole I know, it is not smoking, drinking or sex. But for Pete's sake, the room needs to be clean too, the closet needs some tidying up as well! sedih

Mango ice cream is in order, in fact this is the third batch we made in a week, made specially to cater my own preference, less lime juice, slightly less creamy but the same amount of sugar. It is absolutely yummy. It is like the best ice cream I have ever had in a long time.

I am in the mood to type down the recipe lately, before even asked, so here we go (it's actually a cut and paste from my recipe folder):

Mango Ice Cream


2 cups of cut up mangoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup heavy cream

Make a syrup with the sugar and water simmered together for 5 minutes. Cool. Add to the mango with the lime juice, mixing thouroughly. Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the mango mixture. Freeze in refrigerator at the coldest temperature available. Stir after 1 hour, and again at the end of the second hour. The ice cream should be ready in about 2 1/2 hours from the beginning of freezing depending on how cold your freezer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment