Monday, December 22, 2008

Some Hectic Days ...

Three days to Christmas day. It is ridiculous how busy I have been during this holiday. It's not so much about preparing for Christmas but it has been about being at home with three teenagers that have super healthy appetite. I have one that loves to have a big proper hot breakfast every single day, and lunch. So sandwich is almost out of the question. And dinner too. My 12-year old loves to cook and bake and prepare things and by default, I will be in the kitchen, assisting, directing, cleaning and doing whatever. The other one simply takes the food that she likes and stays away from things that she does not like. But she eats. Everyone is responsible for the mess they make, but I am always left with dishes that nobody claims to have used and those used by my invisible child number 4.

I spend many good hours in the kitchen doing whatever needs to be done and after spending some time away, when I go back to the kitchen again, I will always find more things need to be done there.

Just over the past few days, we had waffles, baked a cake, baked some breads, whipped up bolognese and mushroom sauces, made both potato and semolina gnocchis, stir-fried some vegetables, baked salmon in the phyllo and many-many more. After dinner last night, I stood by by little baker who could not wait until the next morning to make some "healthy pancakes" using the recipe from one of my cook book.



Ironically, my breakfast this morning was this instant fried noodles with fried egg, shared with my dearest little friend. As for my late lunch, I had rice with chicken curry courtesy of DH's sister. I barely contributed to the making of my own meals today, it was certainly a change.




No comments:

Post a Comment