Saturday, December 06, 2008

Panettone For Myself



As Christmas approaches, supermarkets are flooded with more and more Christmas related from many parts of the worlds. I couldn't help noticing that boxes and boxes of panettone are stacked up high every year. They do look attractive, but I am aware that my family is not a fan of raisin and dried fruits. Still, it did not stop me from trying to bake some and explain what I made at least four times and persuaded them to try some. ( I should have gotten them sit together and given one single explanation instead of doing the same thing again and again!) And failed miserably at them. So far, three less mean people, who were willing or unwilling but did anyway, tasted less than an thumb size of this yummy bread. I am living with hopeless people.



Panettone is originated in Milan, Italy, some smart people said. It is cake-like as it is made with eggs and yeast. It's not too sweet, but very moist. This bread is really good! I had it for breakfast, will have it for lunch and maybe dinner too, since nobody else is eating them. sedih And the next breakfast, if there are still some..... poor me! Boo hoo.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how you suffer! Silly people. More for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me, Kitt..... Your really did!

    ReplyDelete