Sunday, December 28, 2008

Going Bananas



My fridge is looking really healthy for once, but it is so stuffed!!! Really really stuffed! We have cut up fruits and all sort of fruits in the fridge, mostly courtesy of my in laws. Don't get me wrong, DH's family is really generous and I really appreciate their kindness. My mother in law and some of DH's sisters are absolutely super giving people. When they give, they really give! They give us mostly food, so much food. Much more than we could eat and give away to other people. Every time we get something from them, we scramble all over the place trying to re-distribute the gift to others. Occasionally, we are too exhausted and we could not care less about passing them on because it takes effort to call people and drive around to deliver them and that can be exhausting too.



DH tried, unsuccessfully, to explain that we do not need certain things and they could give them to others instead. It has been explained nicely also we do not eat certain types of food they give us and we could only have a bit of them, but we can't possibly have too much or they will be wasted. This does not work too. They still send stuff. Lots of stuff, much more than we can chew.

Last week, upon a trip to DH's mom, we got two big papayas, one large water melon, one large honey dew, a hand of bananas, some green veges and some frozen stuff. I am going crazy right now, being haunted by ripe fruits around. ................. To begin with, we had some grapes, apples and oranges already. We are not able to consume them well except for me, but how much fruit can one person eat anyway?I had two glasses of melon juice this morning and I still have a tall glass left. Nobody else is willing to have them. I am getting so sick of these fruits, they are just too much.



I asked DH why he brought back too many things. He replied, " I said no to the chicken she offered, no to the fish, no to the vegetables and no to the rice noodles ....." And by the way, in my fridge, I still have a large container of chicken curry from DH's sister. Every refuses to have it now nangih.

No comments:

Post a Comment