Sunday, September 06, 2015

Fried Rice Noodles


Over the past many years, we always have a comfortable level of rice noodles at home. My mother in law constantly sends us a high pack of them when it is possible for her to bring or someone else to bring them over. In the early years, I was stunned at the amount, it took a big space to store them. I hardly cooked using rice noodles and they simply did not go away. Saying no to my mother in law is pointless. She insists and she trickily puts the pack inside our car somehow.   At the beginning I redistributed most of them to other people. However, the people that I was comfortable of giving the noodles to, are not nearby. Far away. They only want whatever they are given, to be sent to their place. After a while, I feel bad to DH for the trouble that I cause and I stopped giving them away.

I started cooking more and more and as I as getting more familiar with making the noodles, I began to make a different dish too. I have just realized that actually I only make two types of fried noodles using this type of noodle. One of them is the one here, using sweet soy sauce (kecap manis). For this particular one, I added prawn, with lots of sliced cabbage and julienned carrots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment