Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Braiding Memory

I do not know what's got to me that made me braid my hair last night, it was very unusual. I saw Kellie Martin in a movie on TV, her hair was braided and I thought, hmm... I could do do that too... I did. Then, as typically my hair does, it gets messy and as it happened that I was washing my hand, I looked at myself in the mirror and suddenly brought back to10-12 years ago when I still had the super power to braid my girls' hair. All of them had long thick healthy hair and I liked braiding their hair. Thinking back about the braided hair, I took myself down to the memory lane, when life was much simpler, as they were younger. It was so much easier to talk to them and to talk with them. It was when they believed and trusted me in whatever I said, questioning and doubting were not part of the conversation. It was all good. No secret whatsoever. Nobody needs to show how smart they and knowledgeable they are.

Nowadays, I get to touch their hair when they ask me to trim their hair. Braiding and doing something to their hair require certain permission that is almost never granted. It, in fact, is much easier to mess up with DH's hair than theirs. How time changes everything! rindu

I still can braid the bread that I make, more than anything else. I miss doing their hair, I miss their cuteness.... I miss my little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment