Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Sound At 1:45AM


It was 1:45 AM and I was woken up by the loud banging somewhere down below but I could not really pinpoint where it was from and what it was. It continued almost regularly on some interval basis, so I decided to call the guard using the intercom. All the newly installed units do not have handset, so at early hours, our conversation was loud. The guard agreed to check it out and I told him not to get back to me, of course, because I was hoping to be able to sleep.

I can't describe how the sound like although from the way I heard it, it's more like someone using big hammer, knocking a big pipe and it echoed. Of course, there's nothing of that sort was around. I was sure that there would be some logical explanation. The banging sound continued and I fell asleep when it stopped. Thank God.

My dearest messenger, DH, found out that our neighbor who lives two floors below us arrived from overseas and found out that the door was locked. I had no idea how and what he knocked on to get the attention needed but he successfully woke his neighbors up as well. Apparently, another neighbor complained of the same thing after I did, no wonder I was unable to call the guard to make my second complaint. I have no idea how he looks like but he has been made aware of the consequences of his action early this morning. Now I am so tired and sleepy!



Our breakfasts for the past two mornings have been these sinfully delicious fried spring onion flat breads. They are dangerously addictive! They can be easily made using the stored bread dough, therefore, it does not take too much hazzle to prepare in the morning. They are the close cousins of scallion cakes.

2 comments:

  1. How rude of that neighbor! I hate being awoken by things like that.

    The flatbread looks like something nice to wake up to, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard enough to fall asleep and then being disturbed that way... no fun!
    The flatbread was yummy, we like them.

    ReplyDelete