Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ready For Steamboat


I am finally getting warmed-up and stoked for the Lunar New Year after the whole day being surrounded with everything related Chinese New Year. I started off with going to the supermarket to buy a few things to complete my Steam Boat list for NY's Eve dinner and felt so trapped because it was super crowded. The check out lines were super long too and I could not help wonder why I tortured myself unnecessarily there....

Another self torture was imposed in the afternoon when I accompanied DH to his annual trip to Chinatown. It was crowded in some parts and surprisingly not so in many parts. It's a typical hot afternoon in Singapore and Chinatown looked very "new year-ish" everywhere. Many people lined up for their barbecue pork. I was glad it was done and completed again this year!

By evening, as I put my thoughts together for the NY's eve dinner, to make sure I got everything we wanted, I was already longing for the steamboat time to come sooner. Hmmmm.... hungry!

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious what this steamboat is. (Here it means skiing! As in Steamboat Springs, which is a Colorado ski resort.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am referring to Chinese Steamboat or Hot Pot. I hope to write more about this later.......
    Definitely it has nothing to do with skiing! I did not know that it also means skiing. Interesting! Thanks, I learned something new.

    ReplyDelete