Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Let's Hope It's A Phase!

I do not bother making New Year resolution, it does not work for me, it never did. If I want to change anything at all, I just do it when I want to do it, I won't wait until New Year to change. I hope I have the determination to do so and to remember my purpose when something gets in the way. That's the harder bit, I need a lot of push from people around me. But since nobody really knows it, nothing happens.

I read someone's resolution today and I could not help smiling, I feel it. It said "My resolution is to try and spend less time looking at all the negative things in life and find the positive things first. Sometimes it is hard. Especially with 2 teenagers." Hmm..... I want the same things and I am aware of how hard that can be.

Living with teenagers make me wonder about so many things in life. I am back to being five years old who keeps on wondering why this, why that and not being able to see the positive things because I am occasionally so overwhelmed by too many "wonders".

Why don't you pick up the eraser that you drop on the floor? Answer: because.......
Why did you leave the air-con if you are not going to be inside the room? Answer: because.....
Why don't you brush your hair? Answer: because.....
Why don't you make your bed? Answer: because ... I'm gonna sleep on it and it gets messy again....
Why do I have to feed you then, you're gonna get hungry again? Answer: it's different, we are talking about humans....
Why is it different? Answer: because.....
Why did you do that to your sister? Answer: because....
Why?

Huh, too many unanswered questions! Most of the answers are because dot dot dot dot dot....

One of them gets furious over things. Anything. Furious over what? What have we done? That's one more thing that I wonder as well.

Like most parents, we have tried just about everything and we are keeping on trying. And waiting for "this phase" to be over and looking forward to the new chapter. Yes, let's hope this is just a phase! From my comedic side, life is hilarious. Welcome to Parent City! doa

No comments:

Post a Comment