Sunday, January 04, 2009

Playing With Lady Fingers



I do not recall having bought these Okra/Lady Fingers before. When I have them, they are always either from my mother in law or or DH's sisters. These are not my "thing", I did not grew up with them. When I get them, I cook them and try to make the best of them.

I never liked them in the past, even when other people make them for me. They tended to be slimy and I could not make myself like them. My mother in law sent me a whole bunch again, this time, I was determined to minimize the expected sliminess that comes out of these vege and cook them with tasty minced pork that has been sauteed with garlic, onion, chili, ginger and seasoned with soy sauce, pepper and sugar. I sprinkled the dish with a little bit of sesame oil to finish it off. I love them better now! A lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment