Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things Will Get Worse Before They Get Better ...

Things will get worse before they get better. That's used a lot these days when people talk about economy, about foreign exchange market, about housing prices, about life. It sounds so cliche and I wonder how many people really have the patience and capability to hang in there in bad times. Face it, life sucks sometimes. I read today that a man ended his life after losing his job. He killed his wife and his children too. It's a really sad situation and my heart goes with them. When things are hard, things are really extremely hard. I may not know the pains to that extent but I know how things could be so terribly bad that people are not able to foresee the possible light at the end of the tunnel. I had not idea how my mom managed to pull through being left with nine children with no money, no house and no source of income when she was merely 45 years old. But she did and I thank God for that. So when things are not as bad, I should believe that there's hope. I hope that people in bad situation still have strength and hope too.

Stress level is really high everywhere. Most people have lost money, only the extent of it that varies from person to person. Anyone who had no money or very little money to begin with, would probably be just fine financially, but then again, prices of basic necessities rocketed and in some way, they lose out the value of their money anyway. Too many people lose their jobs already and many more are expected to lose their source of income too.

Huh, life is definitely not easy. At times like this, your college degrees, your years of experience and your hard work do not seem to matter much. Perseverance is needed more than ever. How anyone can be prepared for this sort of set up, I have no idea. Hang in there, fella! Keep on trying.



Bringing some bright colors to the street here is the "pink ox taxis" that many people apparently have spotted around town these days. I saw them only today! Interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment