Thursday, January 08, 2009

Is Bali Calling Me?

I am quite convinced of that. It was unexpected to have found out that DH's friend who was laid off last month, was spending time in Bali with his daughter. We thought he would be busy looking for a new job, not that he needs money, because he is wealthy. His whole family is wealthy and his wife still has her great job. Good for them! Why one must be so miserable over losing a job, if he could have the opportunity to bond with his daughter, unwind and relax in Bali? Super!

My younger sister apparently flew to Bali too. With her two kids and a niece who is having a long holiday. It is meant to be a holiday mixed a little tiny bit with business. They are having great time before the kids go back to school next week. She has been updating me with pictures using her Blackberry. I can see the beach, another beach, more beach pictures. Monkey and swimming pools too. The little turtle in the picture is going be mine, for my collection. It was really thoughtful of her. (PS: I did not realize that I was collecting little turtles, somehow I have many!)

They are still in Bali and I would expect more pictures from her. This sister of mine really knows how to have fun, she has so much energy and enthusiasm. I normally could not keep up with her when in comes to having fun. I get bored of having too much fun and want to head home. Weird. Gah, what an oxymoron?! Or plain weird I am.

Another sister is going to Bali too, with her two friends. What economy in recession are they talking about? These ladies certainly know how to get away from their husbands and kids. I wish I had friends that I could pull away from their family and have a little fun on the beaches of Bali. It's so hard enough to fit one into a lunch schedule, let's not ask too much. The three ladies are flying next week. I am turning green with envy......mrgreen and I will be hearing from them too when they are there.

Guess what I saw on TV when I randomly flipped around the channels. A program featuring Bali. They show the beautiful beaches again, calling my name, again and again..........

As much as I want too, I doubt if I'll be going there in the near future. But who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment