Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spring Rolls

The year has barely started and three weeks apparently have gone by. I am good at writing 2009 so far, no mistake has been made on the cheques that I have written. I have a niece who started internship this month, another niece that has already started being a lecturer, she's only 22. Scary! A little nephew who is down with typhoid at the moment. And Chinese New Year in five days. We still have no certain plan on D-day of whether we will be driving to Malaysia.

I am relieved to have found out that my OB Gyn knows really well how to fix my problem after I saw him yesterday. I am glad my Australian neighbor, Kaylene, introduced me to him. I still him on regular basis and whenever needed. Unfortunately, I have no idea where Kaylene is now. She and her family moved to Kuala Lumpur and then back to Sydney and I lost her since. I also lost a friend that moved back to Perth. And another one that moved to Austin, I barely heard. I lost her for a while. She changed her email address and she wrote to me only recently. I haven't heard from her again over the past couple of months.

The place that I am staying here is an expatriate place so people do come and go. That makes it hard to maintain a friendship with them. Just like maintaining long-distance relationship, it's hard. Add family and kids into the quotation and they disappear into thin air. Strangely enough, I still have friends from 20-25 years ago and they live very far away. I, however, get so messed up when it comes to childhood friends. I moved around too much that I could not remember their faces and names anymore.


I continue cooking and baking, here's the spring rolls from a few days ago, filled with bamboo shoots, carrots, minced chicken and more stuff. I like to eat them with fresh chillies. Spicy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment