Friday, January 23, 2009

When So Much Is Too Much ...

It's food everywhere, it's food festival as Lunar New Year is approaching. I do not know how to say this without sounding ungrateful and arrogant. It's just too much and it does not make sense to me at all. Why would anyone give so much vegetables and fresh food to a family like us that our fridge can't possibly accommodate. I really appreciate the generosity. I do and I am thankful of how nice and caring she is towards us. But broccoli and a few types of leafy veges that I do not know, plus a bag of sweet potatoes, chillies and of course some oranges. Plenty of them.... on top of what we have gotten at home already. That's not all yet, we also got jars and jars of cookies and goodies. And a big bag of dried mushroom. And I am positive I would have missed mentioned a thing or two.....

This nice lady is DH's sister and of course I understand how loving she is toward her brother. and his family. Of course, this sentence will be continued with a "but... ". Here we go. But, for Pete's sake, why so much? Just give me a thing or two and I will be more than happy already. The whole over-giving thing make me so mad, because I know it for sure that some of them will be wasted. What a waste indeed and it makes me feel so bad to throw the food away. I am irritated because there's practically no space in the fridge anymore for anything else. I have been really busy the whole day that I could not possible make arrangement to pass some of them on to other people.


DH took the liberty to stuff everything she got from his sister in the fridge and turned my fridge into the ugliest fridge in the country. Yuck. By the time I got home and opened the fridge I almost got a heart attack and had to immediately without further ado, clean up and sort things out. Meanwhile on the dining table, many jars of cookies are waiting for us to gobble. I don't feel good. This is happening every year.... and this is no fun. I have no freedom to have food that I like anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment