Friday, September 26, 2008

First, The Dressing...



For a couple weeks, I have been fancying dendeng balado, the Indonesian dried beef with chili dressing. And for various reasons, I have not been able to put them together. After my appointment yesterday, I was in the vicinity of Carrefour and ended up with a bunch of things including the big red chilies that I needed for the dressing. It was my intention to make the dressing first then the dried beef another day when I have more time, and of course the beef.

The chili dressing is so simple to make, it's a mix of red chilies, tomatoes, onion, salt, sugar and a teaspoon of vinegar. Use a blender to chop them, upon which it will be stir-fried with a little bit of oil. The dressing can be used for chicken and fish too.



Talking about chilies, here's mine:

2 comments: