Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Healthy Dessert?



I have many cookbooks, but I hardly use any recipes from them. I had a little time to sort out a few yesterday and discovered a recipe that is aimed for kids. After I finished making the desert and put away the book, I managed to read at the back of the book, claiming that the recipes are healthy ones. That, completely puzzled me. The bottom layer of this dessert, the shortbread, used 1 cup of butter. The second layer, the caramel, asked for 1 cup of butter, but I took the liberty to cut the amount down to 3/4 cup and reduce the amount of sugar too, but it turned out that the butter was still too much. You don't want to know what's on the top layer.... I have to tell anyway. Surprise, surprise, .... more butter.

No wonder this chocolate caramel shortbread turned out really wicked. It's really rich and supposed to be served in small pieces. However, who could stop at one small piece? Aside from DH? No-one! Exactly! They are really scrumptious.............. We desperately need strong will and self control here.

No comments:

Post a Comment