Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Make It Simple



Sometimes I wonder if life is really complicated, maybe it does. Mine feels that way but it could be contributed by the fact that I make it that way too. I could make it simple if I am determined enough to do so, which more often than not, I forget to do or I just am unable to do. Simply take one thing at a time is a great thing to de-complicate life, but as usual, for me, it is easier to say than do. Especially when there's no one to remind me of it, again, I should not pass the blame on others.

At times, preparing meals appears so problematic to me too. Again, this is my fault on being so over-ambitious in trying to have a good balance of meal throughout the week and at the same time the kids would love to eat. [[Smack my head, please!!!]] I can't possibly please everyone. One says, I don't eat shrimp, another whines, I don't like burgers and and one buzzes " I do know what to eat.............. I'm soooo hungry....."

"Okay, so what do you want for dinner? "
1. "I don't know."
2."Anything, you know that I eat anything you cook." [<-------- big FAT lie!!]
3. "Hmmmmm......................"

The kids can be fine with just rice or potatoes and chicken, baked or fried! They are quick and easy to make and I practically didn't have to do much but slotting them inside the hot oven while doing other things. So that's what we had last night as I attempted to make it simple. It worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment