Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pleasing Hungry Kids



Tuesday is a day for regular weekly cleaning mostly for my helper who comes here once a week and working for myself. It's the day when I try my very best to sort out paper work, do data input and organize work-related matters. Occasionally, I stumble upon some things that need to be solved but by accident DH put them away in the file. Tuesday is also a day when my allergy acts up, because someone does vacuuming around the house and the dust just could not resist tickling me.



We had spring rolls last week but apparently I did not make enough to satisfy everyone's appetite for them, I made probably around 14, four of which was packed for DH who was flying overseas that afternoon. My very hungry kids didn't think that I made enough. Since I had all the ingredients that I needed, I made them again yesterday, in fact this time, I doubled the recipe. My favorite mix for the filling consists of young bamboo shoots, julienned carrots, minced chicken, eggs, mushrooms and green onions with the usual chopped garlic, pepper, fish sauce and sugar to taste.





I realized by now, after everyone was content with what they ate, that I actually only need to make one batch for all of us, as we could not even finish a half of what I made today. The rest are nicely stored in the fridge or maybe freezer, for easy future use. It's still worth the effort.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:31 PM

    lumpia...lumpia......
    rawit, hasil panen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rawit, hasil beli! Belum panen.

    ReplyDelete