Monday, September 08, 2008

Not Buying Bread



A day that started so well, could end up bad. Vice versa. At my age, I'm still learning to deal with that. It's life, let's get on.

I have been diligently maintaining some stock of bread dough in the fridge over the past weeks. I don't always end up baking them after discovering that I could also make delicious pan grilled flat bread. My favorite is with garlic. Brush some butter on both sides while grilling, they are so good for snacks or appetizers. They do not look too appetizing on pictures though, the right time to put "do not judge the book by its cover!" as caption in case I have the picture up.

Anyway, we like to pan-grill cheese bread as well, mostly using ciabatta from the shop across the street, with some grated cheddar. Just like everything else in this country and around the region, the price of ciabatta has gone up by around 30% compared to last year. As for the size, it has shrunk a little bit since we got back from our Summer holiday. Its price has been kept at the same level. Just another reason to bake bread at home. Anticipating grilled cheese bread for breakfast tomorrow morning, I used half of the dough that I have, to bake a bread.

So, another bread picture, with my new tea towel, wink, I used 1/4 cup of olive oil to substitute the water of the same amount, it gives smoother texture (and more calories!).

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I think you are very health conscious person with good attitude. You don't blame others for your problems that is very good thing.

    ===================================
    Deepesh
    look4ward

    ReplyDelete