Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Idea Is....

So, I had all the best intention in the world to cheer everyone up and bring back the happy memories back when our mom was alive. It's been more than six years since she passed and I was remembering the good times we had on or around her birthday, when all the children and grand-children got together and just had fun. We hardly get together now, everyone is busy with whatever they do and it has become extremely difficult to hang out and laugh. Too many unpleasant things have happened in the past years that seem to overshadow the happiness and the great memories we have.

I woke up this morning and the cheerleader in me came up with this idea of celebrating mom's birthday in everybody's own place, since we all live far apart from each other. I texted my four sisters and suggested that we had a little celebration on our own with a little cake if possible. As hours went by and I started thinking more about it, I began to feel a pang of sadness deep in my heart. It turned out that the two sisters admitted that the idea made them sad too but were fine with doing it. My other two were just excited about it. I am just looking forward to tomorrow, got a plan in my head to execute!

No comments:

Post a Comment