Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mac



I woke up this morning only to find out that Dow Jones went down by 777 points, no thanks to US lawmakers that did not approve the $700 billion bailout plan. Consequently, Asian markets fell all over the place and that's how the last day of September went in the financial market. Gloomy, chaotic, uncertain, worried. Nobody knows what to do for certain.

So .... 30 days went poof.... and it is the end of September. That's really really super fast. Six weeks of school have gone by and we will have a little break after the 8th week. A break that is truly needed considering that first term is really the longest one of all. If I were a student, I would certainly look forward to it. As a mother of three students, I look forward to it too. I am getting tired of dealing with exhausted, grouchy and suddenly IamsmarterthanyouIcouldntbebotheredwithwhatyousay kids around the house. I am very aware that having them around the house will be another set of challenge too. Yes, this time we are not going anywhere. Two of the three need some studying done during the break. So the break won't be a pure break. I hope it'll be okay.... It still a change, a tone down of rhythm.



Baked macaroni and cheese reminds me of those days when the kids were younger and still had the love to go down to the pool downstairs and swim and play and had fun, - with me. I miss those days, I miss the time when I was still able to go with all the three and just did something, together. We hardly have that anymore for many various reasons. I don't think that's what my kids thought of when they had mac & cheese last night for dinner. They simply saw something they liked for they hungry stomach after spending nearly the whole day at school. Nevertheless, I am happy that they seemed to enjoy the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment