Sunday, October 26, 2008

About Breakfast



We endured two loaves of "Earthquake" i.e. cheese bread from "Bread Talk" when we were in Beijing for our breakfast. We were too lazy to get up early and get something to eat but still wanted to munch something in our pajamas. We were so deeply unhappy with the amount of cheese that they put inside. Trying to find the cheese inside the loaf is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, almost. I wish I had taken a picture of them... Trust me, the cheese was almost non existent and I don't know why the bread is named Earthquake.

That very evening after we landed, DH placed an order of cheese bread for the next morning, which I longed for as well. A loaf of cheese bread was baked on Thursday morning, with a generous amount of cheese of course. Another one on Friday morning and one more as well on Saturday morning. Three mornings in a row. This morning, our breakfast menu was changed, I had to offer something tempting for a change for DH, another favorite of his, pancake with banana and caramel sauce.



For myself and those who dislike pancakes, I made cheese scones. No different than cheese scones that I have made before, but I always enjoy taking pictures of them, because they always look gorgeous in pictures. They taste good too. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment