Monday, October 27, 2008

Testing Challah With Nutella



My dear middle child doesn't really take cheese bread. She, however, is fond of Nutella on her bread, plus sliced banana. She loves muffins filled with jam and brownies. She is crazy for s'mores .... warm, melt-in-the-mouth marshmallows over a puddle of melted chocolate in sandwiched between (she likes) digestive bars.... She may not admit it, but I really think that she's got a sweet tooth. I thought of baking a sweet bun filled with chocolate for her and I used Challah dough from from Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoë François.



I was aware of the potential challenge that I would face as the dough was very soft, even after having been refrigerated. I gave a small try, I baked only two small muffin size buns, generously filled with nutella and topped with chopped almond. They turned out yummy! I still have plenty of dough to make, I will make some more, maybe tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back from Beijing! Looks like you had a great trip. (I'm way behind on my blogs, so forgive me if I haven't posted a comment for a while.)

    This looks very creative and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, thanks again for dropping by. I enjoy your website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kitt! How are you doing?
    We had a great time in Beijing. Don't worry about commenting, thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:28 PM

    wah........
    chocolatenya......


    w@2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Blue, yours is great too. Come follow me on Twitter if you like-- updates on the new book, postings, new recipes: http://twitter.com/ArtisanBreadIn5

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete