Friday, October 31, 2008

Welcome To Wangfujing



It was Tuesday and we took a walk along Wangfujing. It is one of Beijing's most prosperous commercial areas. Tourists are drawn here from all over the world and around China. Wangfujing is also home to Beijing's largest foreign language bookstore. The street was not as packed with people as on Sunday when we were there earlier, it's just steps away from our hotel.



As I waited for the rest of the family browsing at the bookstore and I was done with it, I decided to sit down with my iPod in hand. My kids came and go, talked to me. A young lady sitting next me started a conversation by asking me whether I was from the United States. A nice surprise, she came from the Bay area, she stayed in Beijing with her grandparents who lived in Beijing. She told me that she finished college and decided to take a 3-month break before looking for a job. We talked quite a bit about the food in Beijing and traveling around the region before we said goodbye to each other. She was really lovely.



We had lunch in a food court at Sun Dong An Plaza and afterward the rest of the gang decided to look for Häagen-Dazs. Yes, they saw the sign inside the mall and now they had to have it. I stopped by to get a cup of Orange Julius on the way there, that turned out to be as bad as the one I had from a different mall, two-three days before.



DH and the kids had some ice cream and banana split.



I am not an ice-cream person, I normally have coffee when we go to ice cream place. I was a bit disappointed that the Coffee -with a fancy name and RMB38 attached to it- that I ordered came with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and the server poured out the hot coffee on the ice cream. Gah! I wanted my hot coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment