Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Go Ahead, Amuse Me!

I need an extra large dose of comedy central today. Thank goodness that the US election especially Ms. Sarah Palin, has provided the players with so much material to work with. My being on the ledge is not attributed primarily by what's happening in the economy and seeing Dow Jones heading down.



It's not also by the fact that a good boy David Archuleta was photographed kissing Minnie Mouse. Mind you, he's not even 18 years old. And Minnie? We all know that for so-so-so many years Minnie has been together with Mickey. Doesn't that constitute "cheating"? Helllooooo....... Miley Cyrus' pictures in her underwear circulating around the net? What's the world come to?



Nahhh...those are nothing compared to living with two teenagers who have listening and seeing problems. They look healthy, but for unknown reasons, are not able to hear instructions, rregardless how many times they are repeated and keep on failing to see pens, papers and things that fall or are dropped intentionally on the floor. They forget a lot as well.

And they just love me so much to keep me going by constantly providing treasures to hunt around their rooms. {treasures=dirty laundry, snacks, books, wrappers, papers, pens, pencils and many others} They must think, mommy must be so thrilled to find treasures in unexpected places, for example, biscuits in the side drawers, two empty cups in a room that have resided for many days, math papers in between Chinese papers, my novels on the floor of the room, dirty clothes on the floor and clean clothes on the floor too. What's the laundry basket doing in the corner? It is to stand elegantly as part of the room decor.

So, no, life is not depressing and I shouldn't be jumping off the cliff. My life has been kept so intriguing by my two girls. My experience in heading a research department was not as challenging as being a mother. Hear me, I am determined to keep the little one! And I still need clips from Jon Stewart, David Letterman and Jay Leno! Saturday Night Live too!

2 comments:

  1. If they're like me, they'll be much better at picking up after themselves in about, oh, 20 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no.... patience is not my virtue....

    ReplyDelete