Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quiche Lorraine



The idea to bake one was in my head for a while, I just never really had the opportunity to put it into action. I thought I had everything I needed to make Quiche Lorraine, only to realize upon started making the crust that I didn't have any cream left. Thank goodness that a supermarket is just right across the street. Originally, I wanted to make the smaller ones, but after searching for those tiny pans and could not find them, I gave up and went on with baking one big one. It really has been a long while since a homemade Quiche Lorraine was served on the table.



The quiche turned out well with four eggs and a cup of cream. I am surprised that many recipes that I came across suggested eight eggs and two cups of cream for one 9" pan. I never used onions for my quiche so I omitted that as well. I threw in a slice of Swiss cheese that was chopped into smaller pieces together with grated cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of flour and topped the quiche with Parmesan Cheese. Really, this is for cheese lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment